By Carol McFadden
You’re here in Big apple and about to check- in at one of the citys hotelicons – the Edison Hotel Manhattan with 1, 000 bedrooms to prefer from. Youre going to check into a genuine New York City hotel. You could be forgiven, if you walk into the reception of the Edison Hotel, Nyc that you simply were transported back in the thirties. Well, you would be correct That is a wonderful element of the old hotel.
The Edison Hotel New york city was opened its doors in 1931. The thirties were the time of the great depression and the Edison Hotel New York was the last to be made – until 1957, thus getting a repute of being New York Citysyoungest hotel for quite a while. It’s actually that 1930s art deco charm which wins over customers when they enter the entrance. Gigantic murals illustrating old New York capture the eye straight off. As your eye travels lower the walls and onto the floor, you can marvel at the delightful inlaid floor tiles – then looking over at the check in – checkout desks, the old clocks depicting world times.
If youre seeking Americana, you will not fail in choosing the Edison Hotel Manhattan and its cafes. Fine dining at Sophias Restaurant; down-to-earth U . s . cuisine at Cafe Edison and for just a little bit of the exotic, The Rum House, with its West Indiana-culturation. A co-worker, who dined in a chef celebrity restaurant close by, said later that they wondered why he bothered when they was all on tap at the Edison Hotel.Th hotel is in easy reach of these famous tourist meccas, Times Square, Broadway and its numerous theatres, The Museum of Tv and radio; Madame Tussauds, the place to find realistic celeb wax figures; simply to name a few.
The 900 bedrooms vary from the older-style sleeper to the moremodern family suites; cozy and tastefully furnished. If you would like that extra fridge or hair-dryer, they are available on request. Bathrooms come with those welcome goodies – such asfree hair shampoos and conditioners. Conditioning fans, you have a well equipped gym. For those who need to network via the net – easy. Wifi internet is available not to mention, cable television.
For a small surcharge, there is valet parking too. If you want to take Manhattan, Staten Island or any place in New York, why don’t you make Edison Hotel New York your HQ. Edison Hotel is at 228 West 47th St – in between 8th Ave and Broadway and the pleasant, courteous staff wants to meet and greet you in down home American cordiality.
- The U.S. Open 2013 (fabulouslyfarah.wordpress.com)
- Iranian Delegation Finds New Home in New York for UN General Assembly at ONE UN Hotel (algemeiner.com)
- Exit polls: De Blasio leads across broad coalition (sfgate.com)
- Mid-week Quickie: Edison’s Lab (theatticbirds.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 18 – A High Wall (graceofourlord.com)
- Lee Trotman and Southern California Edison (SCE) Volunteers… (prweb.com)
- HotelREZ one of the world’s largest yet tailored hotel representation companies opens Brazil office (prweb.com)
- Here’s How Much Money You Could Be Making If You Rent Your New York Apartment Out On Super Bowl Weekend (embargozone.com)
- Dean Meminger, Former Knicks Player, Found Dead At Manhattan Hotel (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Occupy Wall Street Lawsuits Seek Justice For Arrests, Pepper Spray Two Years Later (huffingtonpost.com)